Features and Benefits:
- An extruded kibble that is highly palatable and highly digestible. It contains the highest non-hydrogenated fat level in any complete horse feed available.
- Ideal for increasing energy density in the ration during cold weather. Because it doesn’t increase body heat generated by hind gut function, it is ideal for increasing energy intake for performance horses in hot weather.
- Fat sources used include canola oil, ground flax and rice bran and all are selected to provide a good ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids to growing horses and high performance horses.
- A safe way to supplement energy in the form of fat, instead of NSC, for the metabolically challenged horse.
- Fortified with organic selenium, chelated trace minerals, yeast culture, and Botanical Guardin™ for superior digestibility, growth and performance in your horse.
Feed Step 8 - Hi-Fat in at least two separate feeds per day, according to the activity level and condition of the horse. In general, mature horses (450 kg) can be fed up to 2.5 kg (5 lb) of Hi-Fat per day. This will provide your horse with approximately 0.45 kg (1 lb) of supplemental fat per day in a safe, convenient form. Step 8 - Hi-Fat should be offered as a component of a balanced ration, including access to good quality forage and ample access to clean water. For breed-specific feeding recommendations, consult with your veterinarian.
|Crude Protein (min)||12.0%||Zinc (act)||128 mg/kg|
|Crude Fat (min)||20.0%||Cobalt (act)||4 mg/kg|
|Crude Fibre (max)||18.0%||Selenium (added)||0.5 mg/kg|
|Sodium (act.)||0.35%||Vitamin A (min)||13,000 IU/kg|
|Calcium (act)||1.0%||Vitamin D (min)||
|Phosphorus (act)||0.6%||Vitamin E (min)||200 IU/kg|
|Magnesium (act)||0.33%||Thiamin (added)||7 mg/kg|
|Iodine (act)||0.23 mg/kg||Riboflavin (added)||6 mg/kg|
|Copper (act)||28 mg/kg||Pyridoxine (added)||6 mg/kg|
|Manganese (act)||81 mg/kg||Biotin (added)||10 mg/kg|